Message From The Sheriff
Emergency: 911
24 Hrs Non-Emergency:
Crime Tips:
351 N. 2nd Street
Ashdown, AR 71822
Mailing Address:
351 N. 2nd Street Suite #2
Ashdown, AR 71822
Administrative Office Hours:
M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm


Can I get a copy of an incident or accident report?

Copies of reports may be picked up in the front office of the Sheriff's Office. Reports are generally available about three days after the report is made. There is a small processing fee for releasing the report of $10.00. 

How can I file a report?

Contact us at 898-5115. We will dispatch a deputy, who will contact you either in person or take a report over the phone. 

How do I find out if someone has a warrant?

You may contact us at 898-5115 to check the status on a warrant. District court at 898-7230 or Circuit court at 898-7211 

How do I get an order of protection against a person?

Orders of protection are only served by the sheriff's office. They are issued by the circuit court of Little River. You may pick up a packet at the Circuit court, contact Victim's Assistance at 903-793-HELP (4357) or visit them at 424 Spruce Street in Texarkana for assistance in filing an order.

How do I find out information on filing for Divorce, Custody Issues, Civil Cases?

The Circuit Clerk's office is prohibited by law from giving legal advice. For any questions concerning Divorces, Custody Issues, Civil Cases, etc. please visit or consult with an attorney to answer any questions you may have. To open a new case in Circuit court is $165.00 and to reopen an existing case is $50.00.

How do I pay a ticket?

Tickets may be paid Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm. Payments must be in the form of a cash or money order. Or go to  to make a debit or credit card payment. There is a small processing fee Please allow approximately 3 business days for processing of the citation before paying the fine. Payments cannot be accepted until the ticket is turned in by the issuing officer and processed. 

I need to be fingerprinted in order to be hired for employment or to continue employment. Do you provide this service?

Yes. Fingerprints are done between 8:00am and 6:00pm on Thursdays and Fridays. No appointment is needed. 

Who do I contact if I have a question about a paper?

Criminal summons, subpoenas, or civil process papers are only served by the sheriff's office. We do not generate these documents. There is usually contact information on the cover page of the document if a response is required. For criminal summons or subpoenas, you can contact the prosecuting attorney's office at 870-898-2507

What is the difference between a restraining order and a protection order? And which one do I need? 

A protection order is an order issued through the court for persons who have had a domestic relationship (blood relation, intimate relationship, boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, etc.) A restraining order covers anything not described under the order of protection, above. You can call 870-446-5124 for an order of protection. You must hire a private attorney for a restraining order.

Animal Control 

No. The unincorporated areas of the county currently do not have a leash law.

Required to be in a car seat?

Arkansas laws require that a child under six (6) years of age or sixty (60) pounds shall be restrained in a child passenger safety seat properly secured to the vehicle. Any child over six (6) and under fifteen (15) years of age must be secured in a seat belt.

Get a copy of my driving record?

For questions regarding your driving record, contact Driver Control at 501-682-1631.

Is there a noise ordinance?

No. The unincorporated areas of the county currently do not have a noise ordinance. 

What jobs are currently available?

When job opportunities arise, they are published in the Little River  News. If you apply for a job, your application is valid for 1 year. You must re-apply if you have not been called for an interview within that time frame.

How long do I have to tag or insure my vehicle?

You have 30 days to tag your vehicle. Your vehicle should be insured immediately after purchase to abide with Arkansas State Laws. If you have further questions regarding your insurance you should contact your insurance company. 

My neighbor's dog barks all night. What can I do?

Typically if you report that your neighbor's dog keeps you awake all night we will attempt to make a courtesy contact with the neighbor and ask him to help with the situation. We also enforce Animal state laws and animals at large laws.