Message From The Sheriff
Emergency: 911
24 Hrs Non-Emergency:
Crime Tips:
351 N. 2nd Street
Ashdown, AR 71822
Mailing Address:
351 N. 2nd Street Suite #2
Ashdown, AR 71822
Administrative Office Hours:
M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
History of the Sheriff's Office



Little River County was cut from Sevier County and established in 1867. The county seat was established in Alleene in 1867 and was moved to Richmond in 1880. The courthouse burned in 1882 and citizens of Richmond rebuilt the courthouse for free in hopes of keeping county administration in town, where it remained until moving to Rocky Comfort in 1902. Another election moved the courthouse to Ashdown in 1906 and the present structure was built the following year.



Built in 1907, it is a roughly square red brick structure with Classical Revival styling and a dome rising from the center of its hipped roof. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

Sheriffs office/Jail

In 1974 Under the care of Judge Ray Sike and Sheriff Audry Thrash The sheriff’s office and the jail were added later being closed in 2011. Then in the care of Sheriff Gary D. Gregory in 2013 the jail was renovated and reopened.


                 Sheriff Bobby Walraven 

                   Term: 2017-Current

Gary D. Gregory.jpg
Gary D. Gregory 2013-2016



Danny Russell.jpg

Danny Russell 1997-2012

Rodney Thrash.jpg

Rodney Thrash 1991-1996

Dallas Keller.jpg

Dallas Keller 1985-1990

Marlin Surber.jpg

Marlin Surber 1975-1985

Audry Thrash.jpg

Audry Thrash 1953-1974

James Burl Keenan.jpg

James Burl Keenan 1951-1952

Tom D Jester.jpg

Tom Jester 1947-1950

J G Sanderson.jpg

J.G Sanderson 1927-1946

A T Collins.jpg

A.T Collins 1923-1926

W D Waldrop.jpg

W.D Waldrop 1914-1919

A T Collins.jpg

A.T Collins 1910-1914

H G Sanderson.jpg

H.G Sanderson 1906-1910

James O Patterson.jpg

James Patterson 1898-1906

H G Sanderson.jpg

H.G Sanderson 1892-1898

S S P Mills.jpg

S.S.P Mills 1886-1892

William M Freeman.jpg

William Freeman 1867-1868